|Partenaires industriels||Suez Environnement, EGIS Eau, SAFEGE|
|Partenaires recherche||Ifremer, ECOMERS - Univerisité de Nice|
|Budget||5 000 K€|
|Cofinanceur publics||Phase 1 : Agence de l'Eau Rhône Méditerranée Corse|
|Année de labellisation||2010|
|Année de cofinancement||2011|
The aim is to determine across the whole geographic site of the Grand Port Maritime of Marseille (Golfe de Fos and Rade Nord de Marseille):
- What contribution these natural and artificial (port infrastructure) spaces can make to the improvement of the local marine environment and on a micro-regional level (extending to the Calanques, Côte Bleue, Camargue marine and Etang de Berre)
- The opportunity for and feasibility of direct intervention within this environment to take on this improvement
This holistic approach (pilot methodology) is supported by the GPMM. The accompanying scientific knowledge on hydro biogeochemical processes is contributed by Ifremer.
Experimenting across several pilots should allow the validation and/or correction of the initial study phase results:
- Large scale testing of the transplantation of algae such as Cystoseira (SAFEGE / ECOMERS)
- BIORESTORE: association of Post Larval Capture and Culture, release habitats (Lyonnaise des Eaux/ ECOCEAN-EPHE Perpignan) and dock coverings
- ECORECIFS: addition of complementary functional devices to port structures - habitats specific to dykes, treatment of quays, (EGIS)
A scientific committee composed of high-level experts chaired by the Pôle Mer Méditerranée, monitors the project.
All pilot projects are monitored and evaluated and a report will be made.