Efficiency in all fields
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée has demonstrated real operational efficiency in the service of innovative project holders, in line with its twinning in Brittany.
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée’s recognized efficiency is based on operational governance in which all of the actors recognize each other and are actively involved.
- The Interregional Coordination and Steering Committee is the consultation and coordination tool between the two Marine Centres, Brittany and PACA.
- The Strategic Orientation Committee is the body which facilitates contacts of the Pôle Mer with its environment at the regional institutional level.
- The Steering Committee constitutes the decision-making body of the Pôle Mer; it is responsible for elaborating the Pôle Mer strategy and undertaking its operational implementation.
- The Board reinforces links between the Engineering and Animation Team and the Pôle Mer Steering Committee; it is comprised of four members: the president of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée and three vice-presidents representing each college. The Director of the Pôle Mer also participates in the board meetings.
- The Engineering and Animation Team is in charge of the elaboration and the implementation of the operational budget, as well as of its associated activity programme.
- The Scientific Committee of the Pôle Mer draws together personalities from the R&D world. It provides an opinion upon the request of the President, or the Engineering and Animation Team, on strategy, projects or any other issues falling under its competences.
- The Funders’ Committee, made up of regional state representative authorities and all funding partners, provides an opinion regarding additional funding for a project, as a complement to possible funding from the Single Inter-ministerial Fund (FUI).
The Interregional Steering and Coordination Committee (ISCC) of the Pôle Mer
The Interregional Steering and Coordination Committee (ISCC) is the consultation and coordination tool between the two Pôle Mer, Brittany/ Atlantic and Mediterranean.
The ISCC ensures consistency between the projects of the Pôle Mer, avoids duplications and moreover encourages synergies.
It encourages common actions, mainly for the promotion of the French maritime sector abroad. It is composed of eight members, four members from each region, including the President of each Pôle Mer and the two Directors without voting powers.
Representatives of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée cluster:
- Laurent MOSER, President of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée, Director of Naval Group Toulon
- Marie Christine HUAU, Vice-President foR Group, VEOLIA Environment
- Vincent Rigaud, Vice-President in charge of Research, Director of the Mediterranean IFREMER (French Institute of Sea Research and Operations) Centre
- Eric CAUSSE, Commercial Manager of Greensea
Representatives of the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique cluster :
- Marie-Josée VAIRON, President of the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique cluster, Thalès
- Dominique SENNEDOT, Naval Group
- Jean-Claude LE BLEIS, NKE
- Antoine DOSDAT, Directeur Ifremer Bretagne
Steering committee of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée
The steering committee is the executive body of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée.
The steering committee is responsible for elaborating the Pôle Mer strategy and undertaking its operational implementation:
- Follow-up on budget execution and related action plans.
- Public and private fund raising.
- Management of the Pôle Mer undertakings (development, memberships...).
- Recognition of projects undertaken by Pôle Mer actors.
- Recruitment of the engineering and animation team.
The Steering Committee ensures respect for the commitments taken before the Inter-ministerial Delegation for Land Planning and Competitiveness of the Territories (DIACT) regarding compliance with current Competitivity Centres rules. The steering committee is composed of three colleges of six members: groups, SMEs as well as research and training bodies. A 19th member represents the welcome structure of the Pôle Mer and of Toulon Var Technologies Association.
- François DEMOULIN, NAVAL GROUP
- Gilles NOLIBE, CESIGMA
- Guy CHAMBON, COMPAGNIE MARITIME CHAMBON
- Eric CAUSSE, GREENSEA
- Bruno GESCHIER, IDEOL
- Sylvie CHARVOZ, BIOMARINE
- Pierre SPARACIA, PREDICT
- Matthieu GLAD, SOFRESUD
GROUPS AND COMPANIES
- CNIM – Philippe LAZARE /
- NAVAL GROUP – Laurent MOSER /
- ECA – Jean Louis SAMBARINO /
- EDF – Jean Philippe CASSAGNEAU /
- Grand Port Maritime de Marseille – Frédéric DAGNET /
- SNEF – William JOLY /
- Thales Underwater Systems – Daniel TATON /
- VEOLIA – Marie Christine HUAU /
- Aix Marseille Université – Richard SEMPERE /
- Ecole des Mines d’Alès - C2MA – Patrick IENNY /
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure Maritime - Fabrice MORET BAILLY
- Université de Montpellier IES – Jérôme CASTELLON /
- IFREMER – Vincent RIGAUD /
- Observatoire Océanologique de Banyuls – Yves DESDEVISES /
- Institut de la Mer de Villefranche – Mariam COUSIN /
- Université de Toulon – Emmanuel ARAGON /
- BNP Paribas – Stéphan ANTARAMIAN /
- Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie du Var – Céline RICHAUD /
- GICAN – François LAMBERT /
MEMBER BY RIGHT
- Catherine POMMIER, AD'OCC
- Bernard SANS, Toulon Var Technologies
During its meetings, the steering committee invites representatives of the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the French Navy, the French Defence Procurement Agency (DGA), the State, the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry and local authorities:
- Métropole Toulon Provence Méditerranée
- Métropole Aix- Marseille Provence
- Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
- Région Occitanie
Board of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée cluster
The board reinforces links between the Engineering and Animation Team and the Steering Committee of the Pôle Mer.
The board of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée is made up of four elected members, Mr. François Demoulin, President of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée and Director of NAVAL GROUP Toulon, and 3 Vice-Presidents, representing each college.
The Director of the Pôle Mer also participates in the work of the board.
The Board of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée prepares and broadens Steering Committee actions. It also serves as a interface between the managing bodies and the permanent team (Engineering and Animation Team).
Engineering and Animation Team
The Engineering and Animation Team is in charge of the elaboration and the operational implementation of the budget and its associated activity programme. Its aim is to:
- Develop and consolidate the Pôle Mer in its regional territory
- Steer and ensure the follow-up of working group meetings.
- Evaluate the Pôle Mer projects.
- Participate in the financial engineering of projects recognized by the Pôle Mer.
- Pôle Mer Set up and implement the international strategy of the
- Participate in the development of the Pôle Mer promotional activities
- Ensure relations with similar counterparts of the Brittany cluster.
- Prepare the decisions of the Steering Committee concerning Pôle Mer undertakings.
- Maintain relations with institutional bodies in association with the Steering Committee.
The Engineering and Animation Team of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée:
- Patrick BARAONA, Director
- Christian PLANES, Deputy Director, in charge of business services
- Christophe AVELLAN, Deputy Director, in charge of projects
- Manon PEDRONI, innovation project Manager
- Strategic Business Areas 1 «Defence, Security and Maritime Safety »
- Christian PLANES, Head of the Strategic Business Area "Defence, Security and Maritime Safety"
- Strategic Business Areas 2« Naval and yachting »
- Strategic Business Areas 3 «Marine energy resources»
- Patricia MARIN, Project Manager "Marine Energy and Mining Resources"
- Strategic Business Areas 4 «Marine biological resources» - Blue biotechnologies
- Gildas LE CORRE, Project Manager "Renewable Marine Energies"
- Strategic Business Areas 5 «Environment and coastal management»
- Quentin CALAS, Project Manager and Head of Programmes "Sustainable Coastal Development and Ecological Engineering" and "Coastal and Marine Environmental Services"
- Strategic Business Areas 6 « Harbours, infrastructures and shipping »
- Alex LAVERGNE, Head of the strategic business area "Ports, Logistics and Maritime Transport"
- Bérangère LANDI, Executive Assistant
- Solenn LE MOULT, Executive Assistant innovation
- Emmelyne BROUHANE, Communication Manager
- Eve RAYMOND, Director of International Development
- Colin RUEL, Head of Europe
- Julie PERSON, Permanent Representative of the Pole in Occitania
- Alain GUILBERT, Employment, Training and Oceans Officer 21
- Clémence LE CORFF, Europe manager
- Guy HERROUIN, Strategy project Manager
- Jade SAEZ, in charge of employment/training and collective action
- Océane LE BOT, European project Manager
- Fanny MOUTIN, international and event project Manager
- Corentin SANGUINETTI, project manager